Jul 24, 2018

Meant For Greatness

Roses on my porch (C)Benjamin Leon 2018

I remember seeing these roses and immediately pulled out my camera; my hands were shaky but I managed to stabilize them and afterwards move the camera along with the roses a little because they were being rocked by the wind caressing the plant and I did not want a blurry picture. I decided to write this article precisely after snapping a picture today, a picture of a small rosebud and two roses behind it in their latter development stages. Some of you will immediately understand where this article is trying to get you, but for those who don't, here's what I thought of the photograph after looking at it for a while while I sat by myself inside of this lonely coffee shop experiencing a mild migraine.



After clearing my thoughts and laughing at internet memes, a thought popped into my mind; "this little rose doesn't even know it's going to be as beautiful if not more than the ones behind it."

But it takes time! The rose will have to wait quite a while, it will have to endure temperatures, rain, wind and insects that will help or hinder its growth.

Waiting is not fun, especially when you're just trying to survive day by day without collapsing from a nervous breakdown or giving up totally.

But waiting will sure bring along a great reward. What do you think will be your reward for waiting? What are you expecting from the future? 

The pictured little rose is clearly just waiting to blossom like the other ones, as it will then get its chance to be admired, photographed, or  get picked and given as a gift. Whatever happens to it, it will gain one of the most important things we all desire deep down in our hearts: feeling cherished, feeling like being worth something to anyone, being important to someone or  to a group of people. 
And that is okay; we are human, after all. We desire those things deep down in the lockers of our hearts as it is normal; it's in our nature.
That's how we were made; to be social, and not just social towards others, but letting others be social with you.

Please do not give up; your time to bloom will come, you will be cherished, you will be loved; 
You will be valued as a precious gift. You will be used to bring happiness to some, hope to others but admired by all. 
"Not everyone would admire me, Ben, as a matter of fact, some would hate me" 
Believe me, they are admiring you while hating you, if not, they wouldn't be thinking of you all the time.

"L.O.L., but what about those who don't even know I exist?"
You will be noticed. Spread those petals and shine; wave in the wind, get noticed, achieve goals, continue studying, take cooking lessons, pet dogs and cats at a shelter, learn history, read books, talk with your family, take pictures, become noticeable. Fight through adversity, dismiss the bugs trying to bring you down. Endure.

-- "...But..."
-- "Yes?"
-- "Are we there yet?"

No, not quite yet. Even if you think you are, you still have some more path to walk, some more road to tread, some more stair to climb.

Please, always remember; from the bottom of my heart I tell you, dear reader:
You are #Meant4Greatness

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you are meant for greatness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Please do not give up; your time to bloom will come, you will be cherished, you will be loved; You will be valued as a precious gift. You will be used to bring happiness to some, hope to others but admired by all. "Not everyone would admire me, some would hate me" Believe me, they are admiring you while hating you, or else they wouldn't be thinking of you all the time." This is truly inspirational, Ben. This is YOU, my friend. I want it to be me too. Blessings in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

please leave a message or comment